About the photo contest "Russian civilization"
The IV international photo contest " Russian civilization "is held within the framework of the state program of the Russian Federation" Implementation of the state national policy", approved by the decree of the Government of the Russian Federation dated 9.12.2016 No. 1532.
The goal of the photo contest is to harmonize interethnic relations and the ethnic and cultural development of the peoples of Russia by drawing the attention of citizens to the origins and traditions of Russian culture.
The organizer of the photo contest is the Federal Agency for ethnic Affairs (FADN of Russia).
Both professional and Amateur photographers over the age of 18 can submit their works to the competition, regardless of gender, place of residence and occupation.
The competition is held in the following categories:
- Unique nature. Landscape photos that show unique views, the beauty of Russian nature, unexplored corners of travelers, the wild nature of Russia (forests, rivers, lakes, mountains, meadows, etc.). the photos can be captured, including animals and birds.
- Faces and generations. Portrait photos (single, pair or group photos of people) that convey the national color (externally) and reveal the Russian character, identity and mystery of the human soul.
- Traditions of a big country. Works of this category (reportage photos) that reveal the multi-ethnic identity of the peoples of Russia, who have not lost their heritage in the age of information and modern technologies: traditions, customs and centuries-old connection of generations (national holidays, weddings, ancient rituals).
- Architecture and sculpture. Photos that demonstrate the uniqueness of both art monuments that contain a lot of folk traditions and tell about the birth of Russian architecture, and modern architectural structures that recreate elements of ancient Russian culture and reflect national characteristics (unique buildings, sculptures, wall paintings, carved Palisades, etc.).
- Spiritual bonds. Photos of both portrait plan (single, pair or group photos of people) and landscapes that reveal the spirituality of the Russian civilization,its identity and its civilizational path (author's photos, photos of Holy places and religious objects).
- Multinational Moscow. Photos showing Moscow as a city where people of different nationalities live, work and relax. The photographic works should reflect the peculiarities of the capital of Russia, which has become home to representatives of hundreds of different peoples. The unique atmosphere of the capital is enriched by the interpenetration of different cultures. Moscow is a place where East and West, North and South meet. In the competition photos, the image of Moscow as the center of a multi-ethnic Russia can appear vividly and unexpectedly.
Each participant can submit from 1 to 5 photos in each of the 6 categories (in total, no more than 30 images can be placed by one person). Works created no earlier than 2016 are allowed to participate in the photo contest.
Applications are accepted on the project's website from October 5 to November 15.
The final of the competition is scheduled for November 25 at one of the most important venues in Moscow.
- originality of the photo idea;
- artistic level and content of the photo;
- skill of the participant: technique and quality of execution;
- photo compliance with the competition requirements and nominations.
The winners in each category will receive valuable prizes and gifts.
Photos for participation in the competition must be uploaded to the site of the photo Contest in JPEG format, size from 2000 pixels on the long side, resolution from 150 dpi, the maximum size of each file must be at least 500 KB and no more than 10 MB., contain a clearly visible image without technological defects (insufficient light,unfocused/blurred, etc.).
The winners of the photo Contest are selected by a professional jury. In each category, the contest entries with the highest number of points are determined, depending on which the first 3 (three) places in each category are determined, as well as the Grand Prix of the photo Contest.
In addition to the winners, according to the professional jury, the winners in the additional category "Audience award" are also determined based on the votes of visitors to the site of the photo Contest.